Youth Employment Opportunity
Red Road Project Community leader
Atlantic Canada’s First Nation Help Desk and Mi’kmaw Kina’matnewey are looking for Community Youth Representatives for the “Red Road Project” a program to promote healthy choices and to combat drug and alcohol abuse in First Nation communities. (http://www.redroadproject.ca)
Title: Community Leader
Purpose: To encourage, inspire and promote healthy choices and combat
drug and alcohol abuse through the development, and delivery of activities and programs, that will empower other youth to
to take greater control of their lives as individuals.
Responsible to: Project Coordinators of the Red Road Project and Director of Education.
Responsible for: The work of community leaders supporting the project.
1. Initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships with young people in order to identify key issues relevant to them.
2. Be involved in planning and facilitating project activities for young people.
3. Direct youth in a way that encourages young people to develop their self-awareness, individuality, and growth.
4. Work in ways that promote equality of opportunity, participation, and responsibility.
5. Promote healthy decision-making.
6. Work with the project coordinator in achieving Red Road Project goals.
7. Report weekly on individual community activities (mandatory for payroll)*
8. Report to the education director in the community (accountability)
9. Work on the goals set out in the Red Road work plan (Developed during the MK Symposium).
10. Partake in cultural leadership camps.
Ages 15-19, outgoing and energetic personality, organized and highly responsible, team player, alcohol and drug free, positive attitude, strong communication skills, potential role model.
Due Date for Applications: Friday, June 16, 2016